|Welcome to the official web site for the Illinois Paint Horse Association (IPHA), established January 2000. Our main purpose is to provide information to members regarding the show season, meeting minutes, points, and happenings in the IPHA. The latest meeting minutes will be posted as soon as possible. The current show schedule will be posted as soon as it becomes available, and the show results and high point standings will be posted as soon as they are tallied. Enjoy!|
Following are the suggestions submitted to Jerry that will discussed at the meeting on November 16:
1. Would like to have the State Fair count as a qualifying show.
2. Move the Amateur Walk Trot Horsemanship so it follows that Youth Walk Trot horsemanship, then Amateur Walk Trot Western Pleasure right after that. That way the cones are still in the ring.
3. Do Amateur Walk Trot Horsemanship right after the Amateur Walk Trot Western Pleasure like we do for the Youth Walk Trot.
4. Do the hi point awards at the show the same for every show.
5. Have a show or two where we charge the stalls at cost.
6. Add a non APHA walk trot English class.
7. Add a note at the beginning of our rules that states that it is up to the exhibitor to read, understand and adhere to rules set forth by the IPHA.
8. At the Futurity show run the Futurity Halter Classes together. So have Early Weanling, Late Weanling, Yearling back to back to back for each sex division then proceed to Youth, Amateur and open classes for that sex division.
9. Add rule that owner and exhibitor must be member in good standing of the Illinois Paint Horse Association. (this will follow the APHA rule starting in 2015 that requires the owner and exhibitor must be an APHA member in good standing to show a horse).
10. Shows may be approved after the beginning of the year, but would not count for state points or as qualifying shows.
11. The number of qualifying shows required to be eligible for individual class awards and all around awards shall be one-half the number of available judges plus 2. Illinois State Fair shall not count as a qualifying show but state points will count.
12. For the Futurity both the owner and exhibitor must be members in good standing of the IPHA.
13. For the Futurity realign the existing IFOS to follow Land of Lincoln rules as laid out for the Illinois State Fair.
14. For the Futurity allow same day entry of classes for the IFOS.
15. For the Futurity do not split weanling classes into early and late. Run together and put foaling date on entry number.
16. Drop the Brood mare class.
17. Drop the youth and open non-APHA class. We offer a full slate of Amateur Walk Trot classes and the non APHA numbers continue to dwindle.
|2014/10/25 Attention APHA Zone 5 Participants - Because the show is Thanksgiving weekend, the staff at the facility will not be available November 26-27. All early arrival arrangements (arriving before Friday) need to be made by 11/24 with Liz Linder email@example.com or 319-398-7107. If you do not make arrangements, your stalls will not be available. All other stall questions please contact Lindsay McLain 515-491-5111 or firstname.lastname@example.org|
IPHA November General Membership Meeting:
When: Sunday, November 16, 2014
Time: 10:00 a.m. – Board of Director’s Meeting
12:00 p.m. – Potluck Lunch - Bring a dish to pass
(Club will provide pulled pork sandwiches, paper products, utensils & drinks)
1:00 p.m. – IjPHC (Youth) Meeting
1:00 p.m. – General Membership Meeting
Where: START, 2701 E. Parkway Drive, Decatur, IL 62526, (217) 423-3130
During this meeting we will elect officers so if you’re interested in a position or would like to nominate someone, please contactDale Bushue at (618) 238-4310. Nominations can also be taken at the meeting.
|2014/10/07 Directory Flyer - Get your ads in now|
|Send mail to WebBoss@IllinoispaintHorse.com with questions or comments about this web site.|