Here are a few things to watch out for:
- If you are showing in Amateur, Novice Amateur, or Novice Youth you
MUST have your exhibitor card at the time of
the show OR you can fill out an application for
a temporary card at your first show.
- The back number goes with the horse, not the rider. It must
stay with the same horse for the entire show, even if it's a multi day
- The same back number cannot be used by more than one horse. We do
everything we can to ensure back numbers are not duplicated.
- Our club sells reserved back numbers prior to the start of each show
season. This allows the exhibitor to use the same back number at all
shows throughout the year. It also creates a potential for duplicate
numbers if not pulled from the pile of available back numbers.
- Amateurs need both an APHA membership AND a
four digit Novice/Amateur number
- No stallions are allowed in any youth class.
- If the horse is a gelding, it MUST be
reflected on the registration papers.
- Don't show the same horse more than once in the same class. This
sounds simple, but sometimes classes are split be exhibitor age group.
i.e. Western Pleasure Youth 13 & Under AND Youth 14-18 are the
- Breeding Stock can only show in
Breeding Stock or Non-APHA classes. This includes weanling and lead